About Psychological Evaluations
It is important to know that many people struggle with mental illness, and others simply seek out therapy to help them cope with day-to-day problems.
More importantly, therapy is effective and helps to properly deal with issues rather than trying to deal with them on their own.
- Include the patient while making decisions about an initial treatment plan
- Rule out other physical conditions that might be causing the symptoms
- Identify long-term problems that might emerge in the future
- Make changes in the treatment if needed, for those who have had a psychiatric evaluation in the past
- Confirm the diagnosis of a mental disorder that requires treatment by a psychiatrist