What is Physical Health & Wellness?
Taking care of your physical body for optimal health through movement, nourishment, rest and healthy choices.
This will help you get through the stress that comes with life.
Physical wellness is the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows us to get the most out of our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. Physical wellness means living responsibly and taking care of your body, and recognizing that our daily habits and behaviors have a significant impact on our overall health, wellness and quality of life.
Adopting healthful habits (i.e. a balanced diet, regular movement or physical activity, adequate sleep, routine health checks etc.) while avoiding or minimizing destructive habits (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol, unsafe sex, etc.) will lead to optimal physical wellness and reduced risk of preventable chronic illness.
- Do you eat foods that you enjoy, stay hydrated through the day, and listen to your hunger ques?
- Are you able to keep a consistent sleep schedule and get 7 hours of sleep/night?
- Do you move your body on a daily basis?
- Are you making alcohol, nicotine, other drugs choices that align with your values?
- Do you have a habit of regularly washing your hands to prevent colds and flu?